What are the dangerous and toxic plants for dogs?
Many different types of plants and flowers can be poisonous for dogs. Some can only cause stomach upset, while others can cause coma or even death.
The following list is including the most common plants that dogs should not eat because they are dangerous and toxic plants for dogs.
These are the Plants that are Toxic Plants for Dogs
Memorize, note or print this list to make sure you keep them out of the dog(s) reach. Please share this information so that our dogs can stay safe!
- Aloe, Amaryllis, American Bittersweet, Apple, Autumn Crocus, Azalea
- Calla Lily, Castor Bean, Chrysanthemum, Clematis, Crocus, Cyclamen
- Daffodil, Dumbcane
- Elephant Ears, English Ivy
- Hosta, Hyacinth, Hydrangea
- Lily of the Valley
- Marijuana, Mistletoe, Morning Glory
- Peace Lily, Philodendron, Pothos
- Sago Palm, Schefflera
- Tobacco, Tulip
Visit the Animal Poison Control Center (ASPCA) website for having access to a very informative list of toxic plants to dogs. Click on the name of the plant for more information like the Toxicity, the Toxic Principles and the Clinical Signs.
If your dog(s) is having problems and/or if you suspect your dog(s) has ingested any dangerous and toxic plants for dogs, you should contact your veterinarian as soon as possible!