What are the dangerous foods for dogs during the holidays?
During the holidays, its easy for humans to let down healthy habits for some days, it’s also easy to let dogs eat some of our foods. But there is certain typical holiday food that can cause serious problems for dogs. From minor problems, to emergency visits to the veterinarian, it’s important to maintain a healthy diet for dogs, even during the holidays.
Go below to check out what to watch for and Please SHARE this information with your friends, families and other people you know! 🙂
Here are Food Dangers during the Holidays :
- Onions and Garlic : can cause anemia
- Cooked Bones : risk of bones splintering internally
- Chocolate : can be very toxic, cause diarrhea, seizure and heart arrhythmia’s
- Fatty foods : stomach problems including vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain
- Alcohol : can be toxic, cause seizures, and respiratory failure
- Grapes and Raisins: can cause kidney failure
- Sugar-free Foods: products containing the sugar substitute Xylitol can be toxic
- Bread Dough : expanding yeast causes gas, pain and risk of rupture in stomach and intestines
If you suspect something that could cause trouble for dogs, please put it out of the dog’s reach!